|Photo from: Helene in Between|
Growing up, it seemed we always cleaned on Saturday. In fact, we had a list of things we had to do before we were allowed any extra curricular activities. If I wanted to go out with my friends at night, you better believe I spent some time with a mop and dust rag in my hand that afternoon. And no, I’m not bitter at all. In fact, I’m thankful that my mom taught me the basics to maintaining a house. Fast forward 15 years: I admit that I let things pile up (clothes) and get a little messy, but for the most part, I insist on having a clean household.
- Music is everything. I highly recommend getting down to some 90s Alternative or old school hip hop while you scrub that toilet. But that’s just me !
- Keep your cleaning supplies stocked and organized! I have a shelf in our hallway closet that is just for cleaning supplies. I can easily see what I have, what I need next time I am at the store, and what would be best for what task! Need a kick starter? Go buy new cleaning supplies and a caddy to carry around while you are working. Sometimes a few new items make the job more exciting. 🙂
- Attire. Sometimes I am able to do a better job when I have an old, scrubby shirt (or an apron!) and rubber gloves on. It just helps, trust me.
- Be flexible. What if you have a late night at work one evening? Or dinner plans? Don’t let the “scheduling” throw you off. Flip days or combine two tasks on a Saturday as your big project. I promise, this is totally doable. And I have to do this almost every week!
- Ask for help! Maybe your significant other/roommate likes to clean, too! Or maybe not. But that’s life. Team up and knock out the daily tasks. For example, my husband does the floors better than I can do them. So if I know I’m going to be late from work, or have guests coming that night, I leave him a note and (kindly) ask him to take over the task that day. 🙂
- For ideas about your “big projects” and other cleaning hacks, check this link out!
- And finally, for more cleaning tips and tricks, click HERE!
Link up here!