Mascara is a staple. For most girls. For myself, I prefer to always have mascara on. It’s kind of like wearing deodorant… it’s just necessary.
A couple of years ago I fell in love with this mascara made by Benefit called “They’re Real!”
The girl at Sephora told me that until I tried this mascara, I was not really living. That may have been a tad bit dramatic…but I also think she may have had a point. This stuff is THE BEST. I know I say that about a lot of products….but keep in mind… I buy and try A LOT of products as well. This is researched information, guys! (girls?)
A few pointers about this stuff:
- If you can see from the picture, it is a “hard bristled” brush. Some hate, some love. I love this. It makes it so much easier to apply without getting the despised “globbing.”
- This mascara is amazing with two coats. If you are going out and want a little more of a dramatic eye, a second coat of this stuff will do the trick.
- LENGTH LENGTH LENGTH! If you need length, this mascara should be at least tested by you!
- Stay power. Will.Not.Smear.
Of course, because this is not a drugstore mascara, it will cost you about $23. Not the greatest, not the worst. Because of this price… I have resorted to a “switching out” method. My method is this: when I am going places like school, work, gym…. drugstore mascara. Does anyone really care if my eyelashes look extra long there? Probably not. So, in these times, you cannot go wrong with:
Lash Blast is made by Cover Girl. You can get it anywhere. (Walmart, Target, Walgreen’s…etc.) This mascara is still fantastic. It has the same characteristics as “They’re Real,” such as:
- Hard bristles (great for lengthening and separating!)
- Volume and length
- Stay power
Lash Blast will cost you anywhere between $4-$7. In my opinion, it is a great idea to have a better quality mascara (trust me, you can tell the quality in the formula!) such as “They’re Real,” on hand, for going out and other “more important” events. This is a win-win… you don’t have to try and commit to a mascara, and you can get longer use out of BOTH!
*Disclaimer- I probably buy a new mascara to try at least once a week. I have a problem. I am always looking for something better. However, these have been trusty favorites for 2+ years…so that has to say something, right?
Hurry out to your nearest Sephora (or shop online!) and grab a tube of “They’re Real.” I highly doubt you will be disappointed!